Version 1.2 of the IconCMO Lite App is now available!
Some minor bugs were fixed and a ‘Go to Household’ button was added on the Member Detail screen. The biggest change is the price reduction – you can now purchase the app for only $2.99! If you already have the app, you can install the update for free by following the directions below.
To install the update:
- Connect your device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch) to the Internet.
- On the home screen, tap the “App Store” icon.
- On the bottom right corner of the screen, tap the “Updates” tab to display a list of available updates for your apps.
- On the right, tap the gray “Update” button.
- You will now be prompted to enter a password – this is the same password you use to make App Store purchases.
- Tap the “OK” button to download and install the update.
IconCMO Lite is a native iOS (iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch) app from Italic Software, Inc. The app provides pastors, staff, and even church members with the ability to view demographic data from IconCMO on the go – visit www.iconcmo.com for more information or visit the iTunes Store to download the app.
Definition of Universal Application:
A Universal app is optimized to run on all iOS devices. It’s essentially an iPhone app and an iPad app built as one. (Although iPhone apps can be accessed on the iPad, they tend to be blown-up and distorted.) A Universal app can automatically determine which device it’s running on and provide the best experience for that device. Universal apps can be identified by a “+” symbol next to the price. (Apple)
You can share your apps for free — legally!
Since Italic Software designed IconCMO Lite as a Universal app, one license will cover all of your iOS devices. Not only does the Universal app work on both your iPhone and iPad, but if you purchased an app, you can legally download it on multiple computers and even share with your family without paying for it again. (But if you really want to pay for the app multiple times we won’t stop you!)
Do you own more than one iOS device? Read this:
These steps will work for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch – but for demonstration purposes we will say you purchased IconCMO Lite for your iPhone and also want to install the app on your iPad.
- Make sure you are logged into the App Store on your iPad with the same Apple ID (i.e. iTunes Store account) you used to initially purchase the app on your iPhone. * If you use a different Apple ID for your iPad, follow the directions below instead so you will be able to update the app later.
- Go to the App Store.
- Tap on Purchased from the bottom navigation bar and find IconCMO Lite. * For iPhone or iPod touch, tap Updates from the bottom navigation bar then tap Purchased.
- Download the app. You may get a pop-up saying you have already purchased the app and may download again it for free. You will also need to re-enter your Apple ID password.
Do you want to share with other members of your household (e.g. spouse, children)? Read this:
You can share your copy of IconCMO Lite with your family. At least one computer with the latest version of iTunes is needed, but you can authorize your Apple ID on up to five computers. The app can then be installed on any of the iOS devices synced to those computers. Just keep in mind you can sync as many devices as you want to an iTunes library, but you can only sync each device to one iTunes library.
You and your spouse, Jamie, both have iPhones and you want to share an app you purchased with him or her; however, you each have your own Apple IDs and laptops. So total you have two iPhones, two Apple IDs, and two computers.
- Go to Jamie’s computer and launch iTunes.
- Log Jamie out of iTunes and log in with your own Apple ID.
- Under ‘Store’ click ‘Authorize this computer’ and re-enter your password.
- Click ‘App Store.’
- Click ‘Purchased’ to view a list of apps you have already purchased.
- Find the app you want to share and download it.
- The app will now show in the Library under ‘Apps.’
- Log out of iTunes and log in with Jamie’s Apple ID.
- Connect Jamie’s iPhone to the computer and sync it with iTunes. * For detailed instructions on syncing a device, please visit Apple Support.
- The app is now installed on Jamie’s phone!
Recently Steve Hewitt (Editor-in-Chief) of CCMag interviewed Icon Systems in regards to mobile computing in the church industry and how it can help churches in their missions. There is so many technological advantages to using mobile devices that not using them would be a disadvantage for any organization that wants to further their mission. Some of the uses are taking attendance, using it in the mission field, taking prayer notes, posting things to social networks immediately, updating profiles, creating reports on the fly, monitoring the church service through security cameras, child check in, multisite communication, etc. Continue reading the full interview!
A few months ago ChurchAccountingSoftwareGuide.com posted an interview with Icon Systems addressing some common questions about church software compliance with fund accounting standards and regulations.
The Church Accounting Software Guide recently posted another interview with Icon Systems discussing benefits of mobile technology as well as how the use of tablets (such as the iPad) can improve church management and accounting. The interview also offers some great insight to some of the exciting new features of the IconCMO web app for the iPad – you can read the full article here.
How is your church currently using mobile technology? We would love to hear from you – please share your comments and stories below!
Icon Systems is pleased to announce the full IconCMO web application for the iPad. A full version of the IconCMO church software can be used on the iPad and the staff aren’t tied to a desktop or laptop computer. The users can take the iPad into meetings and answer those tough financial questions on the spot. The small group leaders for Religious Education, Sunday or VBS, and other ministries can take attendance before class starts and all the data is in real time for the staff to create reports on the spot. Allow the church leaders to know who is absent before the class is over. Adding in households and members when they visit the visitor center immediately and remove the need for visitor cards. Send an email to the new visitor as soon as they are added into the system.
These are just some of the advantages to using the iPad within the church. Having all this data available at your fingertips where ever you are gives IconCMO the edge over any other package that is available. Below are just some ways the church can use the new iPad interface to accomplish their everyday task more easily.
Church Membership Made Easy (on iPad)!
Adding in household/members is simple with an iPad interface.
Adding in a Household and its Members
Email history for the household.
Review the history of the email communication to a household
Set a reminder to follow up with a new visitor.
Church Attendance taken on the go.
Take church attendance easily with the iPad
Church Accounting Made Easy (on iPad)!
Statement of Financial Position (Balance Sheet):
Change in Net Assets:
Net Asset Report
Statement of Activities (P/L Report):
Reclassify an expense account when needed by the church council.
Reclassification of expense accounts
The Development Team!
Icon Systems, Inc. is pleased to announce IconCMO Lite, a native iOS (iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch) app from Italic Software, Inc. IconCMO Lite provides pastors, staff, and even church members with the ability to view IconCMO’s demographic data on the go. Having this data available at a touch will help you with a variety of tasks like maintaining contact with members, looking up contact information for others, driving directions to member’s houses, text messaging members, etc. Calling the office for member information will be a thing of the past when you are on the road with the new native app for IconCMO!
Do any of these concerns come up in the everyday church hustle?
- Are you on the road and need a map to their address?
- Do you want to have the ability to send contact information to your personal contact list?
- You need to call or email them and don’t know their phone number or email address?
- You want to know what their family background is (i.e. married, single, children)?
- Are you a pastor that is meeting someone new but don’t know what they look like?
- Would you like to know what special interest, small, community or core groups they are in before chatting with them?