Version 1.2 of the IconCMO Lite App is now available!
Some minor bugs were fixed and a ‘Go to Household’ button was added on the Member Detail screen. The biggest change is the price reduction – you can now purchase the app for only $2.99! If you already have the app, you can install the update for free by following the directions below.
To install the update:
- Connect your device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch) to the Internet.
- On the home screen, tap the “App Store” icon.
- On the bottom right corner of the screen, tap the “Updates” tab to display a list of available updates for your apps.
- On the right, tap the gray “Update” button.
- You will now be prompted to enter a password – this is the same password you use to make App Store purchases.
- Tap the “OK” button to download and install the update.
IconCMO Lite is a native iOS (iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch) app from Italic Software, Inc. The app provides pastors, staff, and even church members with the ability to view demographic data from IconCMO on the go – visit www.iconcmo.com for more information or visit the iTunes Store to download the app.
Definition of Universal Application:
A Universal app is optimized to run on all iOS devices. It’s essentially an iPhone app and an iPad app built as one. (Although iPhone apps can be accessed on the iPad, they tend to be blown-up and distorted.) A Universal app can automatically determine which device it’s running on and provide the best experience for that device. Universal apps can be identified by a “+” symbol next to the price. (Apple)
You can share your apps for free — legally!
Since Italic Software designed IconCMO Lite as a Universal app, one license will cover all of your iOS devices. Not only does the Universal app work on both your iPhone and iPad, but if you purchased an app, you can legally download it on multiple computers and even share with your family without paying for it again. (But if you really want to pay for the app multiple times we won’t stop you!)
Do you own more than one iOS device? Read this:
These steps will work for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch – but for demonstration purposes we will say you purchased IconCMO Lite for your iPhone and also want to install the app on your iPad.
- Make sure you are logged into the App Store on your iPad with the same Apple ID (i.e. iTunes Store account) you used to initially purchase the app on your iPhone. * If you use a different Apple ID for your iPad, follow the directions below instead so you will be able to update the app later.
- Go to the App Store.
- Tap on Purchased from the bottom navigation bar and find IconCMO Lite. * For iPhone or iPod touch, tap Updates from the bottom navigation bar then tap Purchased.
- Download the app. You may get a pop-up saying you have already purchased the app and may download again it for free. You will also need to re-enter your Apple ID password.
Do you want to share with other members of your household (e.g. spouse, children)? Read this:
You can share your copy of IconCMO Lite with your family. At least one computer with the latest version of iTunes is needed, but you can authorize your Apple ID on up to five computers. The app can then be installed on any of the iOS devices synced to those computers. Just keep in mind you can sync as many devices as you want to an iTunes library, but you can only sync each device to one iTunes library.
You and your spouse, Jamie, both have iPhones and you want to share an app you purchased with him or her; however, you each have your own Apple IDs and laptops. So total you have two iPhones, two Apple IDs, and two computers.
- Go to Jamie’s computer and launch iTunes.
- Log Jamie out of iTunes and log in with your own Apple ID.
- Under ‘Store’ click ‘Authorize this computer’ and re-enter your password.
- Click ‘App Store.’
- Click ‘Purchased’ to view a list of apps you have already purchased.
- Find the app you want to share and download it.
- The app will now show in the Library under ‘Apps.’
- Log out of iTunes and log in with Jamie’s Apple ID.
- Connect Jamie’s iPhone to the computer and sync it with iTunes. * For detailed instructions on syncing a device, please visit Apple Support.
- The app is now installed on Jamie’s phone!
Icon Systems, Inc. is pleased to announce IconCMO Lite, a native iOS (iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch) app from Italic Software, Inc. IconCMO Lite provides pastors, staff, and even church members with the ability to view IconCMO’s demographic data on the go. Having this data available at a touch will help you with a variety of tasks like maintaining contact with members, looking up contact information for others, driving directions to member’s houses, text messaging members, etc. Calling the office for member information will be a thing of the past when you are on the road with the new native app for IconCMO!
Do any of these concerns come up in the everyday church hustle?
- Are you on the road and need a map to their address?
- Do you want to have the ability to send contact information to your personal contact list?
- You need to call or email them and don’t know their phone number or email address?
- You want to know what their family background is (i.e. married, single, children)?
- Are you a pastor that is meeting someone new but don’t know what they look like?
- Would you like to know what special interest, small, community or core groups they are in before chatting with them?